I. Purpose(s) of data collection
The purposes of collecting Personal Data through the Website Event are to:
- Answer promptly and efficiently to your queries received via the contact email address provided on our Website Event;
- Publish the photos taken during the Event;
- Manage the organization of the events Event to which you have registered, in particular to communicate any useful information to you with respect to such Event;
- Carry out the Website Event’s maintenance and preserve the Website Event’s security. However, please note that we use Statistical Data as far as possible;
- Enable you to access the Website Event and its functionalities, and/or provide services you requested through cookies and other trackers;
- Calculate the environmental impact generated by the organization of the Event in order to offset it and achieve a zero carbon footprint;
If you no longer wish to receive communications from WEFCOS, you may at any time:
- Unsubscribe by clicking on the link in each email you receive;
- Use the link dedicated to the exercise of your rights in section V below.
II. What Personal Data do we collect and process through the Website Event?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. living individual).
1. Personal Information: First name, Last name, Email, Company, Industry, Job title, Seniority Level, Nationality, Phone Code, Phone number, University/College;
2. Photo & Biography (for speakers only);
3. Assistant Information: Name, Email, Phone number;
4. Social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram;
5. The content of the messages and/or queries your send us;
6. Photos and videos taken during the Event;
7. Climate related information: Transportation mode, Country of Residence
8. Information related to the registration to the Event.
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) on the forms are required in order for us to process and respond to your request. If you do not provide this Personal Data, WEFCOS will not be able to process and respond to your request.
III. What legal ground(s) do we rely on?
The processing of Personal Data collected on the Public Website Event is based on:
- our legitimate interest, when we process your private messages sent by email;
- our legitimate interest, when we process your data in order to calculate the environmental impact generated by the organization of the Event
- the execution of the contract, when we use your data to manage your registrations to the Event we organize, but also its good progress, in particular to communicate you any useful information in this context;
- your consent, when we publish your photos and videos;
- our legitimate interest, when we process your data in the context of maintenance and the implementation of measures to protect the security of the Website Event;
- our legitimate interest, when we place necessary cookies;
IV. With whom do we share Personal Data?
Your Personal Data can be shared:
- In the context of a merge, acquisition or sale of all or part of the agency’s assets, to successors in title to our business,
- to establish, exercise or defend our rights,
- or where required by law, to respond to requests from legal or administrative organizations, government organizations or a judge.
If the services of third parties for hosting, technical maintenance, administration or processing of the Personal Data are necessary, these third parties will only have access to the Personal Data insofar it is necessary to ensure a smooth and secure technical processing of our Website Event, and software In every case, such access to your Personal Data will only be made in accordance with the applicable law, including Data confidentiality, privacy and security obligations.
V. Your rights on your Personal Data
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you may exercise the following rights with respect to the Personal Data we hold about you:
• Right to information
• Right of access to your Personal Data
You can access all Personal Data we hold about you, know the origin of this Personal Data and obtain a copy in an understandable format.
You may also use your right to access your Personal Data to control the exactness of the data and have them rectified or deleted. You have no justification to provide to exercise your right to access;
• Right to rectify your Personal Data
In order to avoid that inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data relating to you is process or shared, you can ask us to rectify them.
• Right to the deletion of your Personal Data:
You may request the erasure or deletion of the Personal Data we hold on you. This is not an absolute right since we may have to keep your Personal Data for legal or legitimate reasons. You may, for example, exercise your right to deletion in the following cases:
o if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing (see below);
o if you legitimately objected to the processing of your data (see below);
o when data is not or is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was initially collected or processed;
o the data is processed unlawfully (e.g., publishing hacked data).
• Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
• Right to limit the processing of your Personal Data
The right to limit the processing completes your other rights. This right means that the data processing relating to you and that we are performing is limited, so that we may keep this data, but we cannot use it or process it in any other manner. This right applies in specific circumstances, i.e.:
o if you challenge the exactness of your Personal Data. The processing is then limited for a period of time so that the agency may verify the exactness of the Personal Data;
o if the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of your Personal Data and request instead that its use be limited;
o if we do not need the Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above in Section I anymore, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend rights before a Court; and
o in the cases where you objected to the processing which is based on the legitimate interests of the agency, you may ask to limit the processing for the time necessary for us to verify if we can accept your objection request (i.e., the time necessary to verify whether the legitimate reasons of the agency prevail over yours).
• Right to object to data processing for direct marketing purpose
You may unsubscribe or object, at any time and without any justification, to the reception of direct marketing communications. Simply either (i) click on the link in the footer of the communications you receive from us; or (ii) use the hyperlink below.
• Right to portability of your Personal Data
You may request to retrieve the Personal Data you provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for personal use or to share them with a third party of your choice.
• Right to withdraw consent at any time to the processing of Data carried out on the basis of such consent
• Right to give instructions on the fate of your Data after your death.
You may define directives on the storing, erasure and sharing of your Personal Data after your death. These directive may be general, i.e. cover all your Personal Data, or specific, i.e. only cover certain data processing activities.
VI. Data retention periods
We store your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable legal requirements for data retention and our internal policies. The data retention will vary depending on the type of data and the purposes of processing.
The Personal Data collected for the registration and the access to the Event are kept for a period of thirty-six months from your last connection.
Photos taken during the Event are kept for a period of XXX
VII. Data Security
We use a variety of methods, such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures, to secure your data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of Personal Data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that the Website Event or any Personal Data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the Website Event or your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com immediately.
VIII. Data Transfers
Given the international nature of our activities, your Personal Data are transferred outside the European Union. For the provision of the Website Event your Personal Data are transferred to the United States. This country is not considered by the EU Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. We ensure all data transfers comply with applicable legal requirements by executing contractual agreements with appropriate contractual protections in compliance with article 46 of the GDPR.
IX. Notification of changes
X. Further Information
A “Cookie” is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive when browsing on a webpage, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile app. If you choose to accept Cookies, the file is added and the Cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. This data does not usually identify you directly, but the web application can provide you with a personalized web experience. They are usually used for the well-functioning of the Website Event and traffic analysis. In general, Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
2. WHICH COOKIES ARE USED?
The Website Event only implements Cookies strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website. These Cookies are essential to your browsing of the Website Event and its proper functioning. They allow you to use the features of the Website Event and the services you have requested.